Modiewark Non-Contact Voltage Detector – Model S9
The Modiewark is a contact/non-contact voltage tester. It detects the presence of alternating electromagnetic fields and AC electrical voltage sources as both a proximity and touch device.
Its unique switching action allows for the identification of alternating currents from 200mm to 300mm away from a voltage source of 110 to 750,000 volts.
The S9 model has 8 voltage positions, ranging from 240V – 330kV. See the MWB model for alternative voltage positions.
Industry professionals use the Modiewark to detect voltages in overhead and underground power lines. Firstly, as a proximity device to determine live or dead situations, and secondly as a touch device to verify that the tester has physically reached the AC field.
The Modiewark unit also works indoors on the 240/110 volt setting, tracing voltage sources from power distribution boards and cable fault detection.
The unit has an inner sensor plate for directional checks, such as checking low voltage when high voltage is nearby. Induced voltage on isolated conductors is checked by increasing the Modiewark sensitivity. Some more typical uses of the Modiewark include:
- Identifying live conductors
- Fault finding in flexible cables
- Checking equipment grounding
- Neon lighting servicing
- Tracking live wires above and below ground at URD test points
- Phasing conductors
- High frequency radiation detection
Features of the Modiewark non-contact voltage detector S9:
- 8 voltage positions: 240V | 2 | 11 | 22 | 33 | 66 | 132 | 330kV
- Permanent self-test facility (see below for more information)
- Handle with universal sunrise attachment (for attaching to a hot stick)
- Requires 3 x C batteries (these fit into the handle)
- IP63 rating
- Weight (no batteries): 300g
- Dimensions: 230mm long x 65.85mm wide
- Cap diameter: 90mm
Testing & Safety:
All Australian models of the Modiewark must be sold with the self-test function. This continuous self-checking of the Modiewark provides an essential safety feature that:
- Provides a circuit test
- Provides a test to prove that the visual and audio indicators are working correctly
- Battery Low Indicator
The Modiewark casing and handle are designed to channel a flashover around the internal circuit and into the battery housing. Please note that any damage to the head of the Modiewark will result in failure, and the unit must be taken out of service and repaired.
See it in action:
For more info about this product, please contact us.