Preformed Line Products (PLP) R235-4 Tap Off Connector (TOC)
Bare mains to service connectors (R Series)
Use for connecting XPLE or PVC copper or aluminium service cable to bare copper mains. Creates a complete moisture free environment. The service connection is made with insulation piercing technology where there is no need to strip the cable.
Features of the R235-4 Tap Off Connector:
- Copper connector has a forged body for added strength
- Tested to applicable requirements of AS/NZ4396
- Both mains and tap bolts incorporate shear-head technology for use with a standard M8 socket
- Polycarbonate windows employed on tap facilities to ensure the operator can see the actual connection
- Connectors can be disconnected and reconnected from the mains with ease
PLP Part No. R235-4
Equivalent to Sicame CCW35DB
Use only a 13mm, six-point hexagon socket to tighten bolts (ARS Code 02345).
All other connections made on the service and consumer’s cable must also be waterproof to prevent moisture ingress through the cable into the connector.
For more info about this product, please contact us